Friday, October 12, 2012

Confession #6...I HEART Reader's Advisory...

 Today I helped a 5th grader, who is already a ravenous reader, find some other series that might interest him. I recommended:









There were lots of others that I recommended, but this is just a partial list.

What I find so intriguing about reader's advisory, is the variety of books I recommend. Wednesday night, I had a patron ask for good historical fiction. Another asked for clean mysteries. Another asked for biographies.

The good thing about this, is that since I read a wide variety of genres, I feel comfortable recommending almost anything. The only exception would be sci-fi/fantasy. Since I don't read much of that, I have to rely on what my dad and brother read.

When asked what my favorite book is, I tell them it depends on the day. I have so many favorite books and authors.

Just to prove my point, here's what I am currently reading:










A little of this, a little of that. No much sci-fi/fantasy. But that's okay. Maybe in a few months I will be on a sci-fi/fant kick. The great thing about reading, is that no matter where you are, a book can take you somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment