Friday, October 12, 2012

Confession # 5..I thought it would be busier...

Today as with most Fridays, I am working at one of the many branches in the SL system. This week I have worked at the same library (that's just where I picked up the most shifts) and I have today, I thought the library would be a lot busier. Maybe it's the rain. Maybe it's UEA weekend.

Not that I am complaining.

Monday night, it was a little busy. This library does most of their programs on Monday nights. Makes sense, knowing the community demographics.

Tuesday, not busy at all.

Wednesday, even quieter, except for the large scout tour that came in.

Friday, well, today it's been pretty quiet. I know it will get busier later in the afternoon as people are getting home from work and wanting DVDs for the weekend. Let's face it, getting to rent a DVD from the library for a week without having to pay $1.50 a night is nice.

So, about 4 pm, I expect it to pick up.

Until then, I'll smile and ask patrons if they need some help. I'll look at the latest best-seller lists and add books to my already crazy long list of books to read, and maybe read a library magazine or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment