Thursday, February 7, 2013

Confesssion #11...Librarians do NOT get to spend the day reading...

I used to get this question all the time when I worked at the bookstore...

"So, since you are surrounded by books all day, do you just get to sit and read?"

Nope. Doesn't happen at the bookstore and definately doesn't happen at the library. If it did, how would I be able to help you when you need helping finding that book club book, or how to print a document, or where the closest post office is.

In all actuality, since I have begun working at the library, I HAVE read more books, although, not the kind I used to read. I have found myself on several different committee's, reading for upcoming reader's choice, beehive awards etc. Some of these have been a pleasure to read, some, not so much.

While I don't get to spend the day at the library with books and a cup of tea, I have had the great opportunity to read some great books, recommended by patrons, friends and librarians.

Here are a few such books:




















2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I just came across this after reading your blog. http://librarianproblems.com/post/42515605906/someone-asks-you-have-to-have-a-degree-to-be-a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Telesa! I posted it as an addition to confession #11 :)

      Delete